Remnant Violet suggestions 
- 2020.06.30 21:00 (UTC+0)
After properly trying Riolet with a variety of builds and watching other players use him with different setups and varying degrees of gear quality, I'm not sure he's worth all the investment he requires.
Don't get me wrong, Riolet can be built into a threat with the right gear and max skills (yep, all 3 of them), be it as a high SPD burst dealer or more of a bruiser (speedy life leech or counter/immunity). He can actually offer some very strong RNG elements that can turn a fight strongly in your favor as long as lady luck wills it.
That said, that's only achievable if you can manage to give him a lot of external support (DMG mitigation, healing/reviving and CR manipulation). While that's not that unusual, most DPS share the same fate, what makes it that much more evident though is that with Riolet the gear requirement is at an all time high.
He seems to be in a mixed spot between A.Ravi and F.Lidica when they were first introduced: "strong enough for the proposed role BUT with similar, often easier to use, options already available and very high gear/mola requirement in order to work".
For the first part of the argument, even if awesome gear is available, it's hard to say Mirsa won't perform just as well with it. She might not be as bursty, but she relies less on RNG to actually work, has less counters (evasion can't be dispelled) and she can fit into comps more easily due to better self sustain and SPD scaling (+ self buff) allowing for life leech without sacrificing too much on DMG.
For the second part, unless extremely well geared, he'll just be ignored then focused down before he gets relevant at all. This means he's gotta be fast and strong enough so he can't be ignored due to his S1 dmg and self focus building, while making sure he won't die before he actually gets to use his selling mechanic (S2 casting S3).Whoever's tried him will most likely agree this is incredibly hard to do, if not simply unachievable for the majority of Riolet owners.
Imo, these are his main problems (notice that they are that much more evident with lower gear quality):
- Evasion buff doesn't help enough with survivability to compensate for the very high S3 CD and quite hard to acquire and unleash focus mechanic;
- He's easily ignored:
- If he goes with SPD/burst gear, he'll get to burst a target reliably, but then he will hardly get the chance to make use of his unique S2 mechanic (the selling point of his kit) due to low self sustain and poor base defensive stats
- Even if built more as a bruiser, the same points above (lack of self sustain and poor base defensive stats) will make it so he sacrifices on the DMG front considerably, making him even easier to ignore until later on when you can focus him down at once.
Personally, I'd love to see some very small tweaks to him, just so he's a more accessible unit in terms of gear requirement and functionality.
- 1st suggestion: Add a "while on Cool Down" effect to his S3, granting 15% life steal effect. That would already help a lot by increasing his self sustain. Not only would it make his long S3 CD seem more reasonable, but also "on CD mechanics" were first introduced by original Violet's S2, making it a solid way to improve his performance while keeping with the theme.
- 2nd Suggestion: Make it so his S3 also gives him some focus (1~2 would be grand) and that he activates his S2 promptly, as soon as he gets the 5th focus needed, be it by using his skills or evading. That way he'd be a threat that couldn't simply be ignored given his ability to unleash his focus mechanic on his own, even if he's never hit at all throughout an encounter.
That's it. Like i said, he's solid enough already, no need to change anything drastically. Just a few tweaks so his kit gets slightly less gear hungry and that it works better within itself, solidifying his position as a competitive addition to the evasion DPS department (Mirsa, Celine, A.Cidd).
(TL;DR in bold)
STOVE 추천 컨텐츠
- 2020.07.24 2020.07.24 22:20 (UTC+0)
- 2020.07.20 2020.07.20 09:58 (UTC+0)
- 2020.07.12 2020.07.12 18:31 (UTC+0)
- 2020.07.10 2020.07.10 11:57 (UTC+0)
- 2020.07.09 2020.07.09 16:00 (UTC+0)
- 2020.07.09 2020.07.09 15:00 (UTC+0)