Enjoyment vs engagement 
- 2020.02.14 00:16 (UTC+0)
I've just gotten back into the game, (because people should be rewarded when they do good) and it took me exactly ONE DAY to feel that my efforts don't matter, and I've just wasted my time. And that's just because there's too much randomness in the game. While playing other gatcha I realized that the reason why I never have any negative vibes from any of the others is that there simply isn't as much RNG in them like this one. There's also too much engagement in this one, the stuff you're expected to do in engaging with it completely (and getting any semblance of value) is way too much.
I mean yeah duh all of them have RNG but quantity, methods, and mechanics are important. And I don't even think it's something patchable or fixable for Epic Seven, the devs bless 'em have been thinking of all kinds of ways to fix it, to tame the issue to counter it. But I think this is a core problem, a game design philosophy problem, it's also a monetization philosophy problem.
Any game that's as aggressively monetized, as RNG-reliant, with such an aggressive content schedule, and micro-managing approach as Epic Seven, is going to have the exact same issue. And I think there are some out there, and they do have the same problems. But then again there are some out there that don't have this approach and by consequence don't have these problems.
- release events less frequently, uncap their rewards completely, make them bigger, more involved, do event reruns.
- reduce combat RNG mechanics, fine-tune all other RNG mechanics in the game, except the gatcha, also fix the damn effectiveness/effect resistance systems
- release the level cap and reputation caps
- fine-tune progression mechanics
Some things exist in Epic Seven that straight up shouldn't exist in an enjoyable game.
STOVE 추천 컨텐츠
- 2020.02.09 2020.02.09 14:58 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.23 2020.01.23 13:25 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.23 2020.01.23 02:33 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.22 2020.01.22 15:40 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.22 2020.01.22 13:32 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.22 2020.01.22 06:17 (UTC+0)