MAIN POINTS OF THE QOL ARGUMENTS 
- 2019.12.03 09:43 (UTC+0)
Greetings everyone. Sorry for the major wall of text in advance. I sincerely ask everyone to just properly read what I have to say if you want to call me out on something. I won't say don't respond if you didn't read, but I honestly don't want to discuss with anyone randomly throwing about comments without reading what the other person wrote.
FIRST OFF, SOME GENERAL STATEMENTS
- I started playing during the Anniversary, which makes me something of a quarter-year player. I'll leave a picture of my Hero Box below, so you can see where I'm at currently. (Please don't poke fun at my waifu collection, me playing only female heroes is just my aesthetic.)
- I have four screens, and use Nox player. I'd like people to understand that as while I'm doing my work on one screen, I can let Epic 7 open on another basically all day. I'm the last player that needs an auto function.
- I usually buy packs, but only low-cost ones like monthly pass in this game. I do not want to buy myself out of the grind, and I do not want to encourage anyone to do anything they don't want to either.
Finally, the point of this post is to attempt to summarise the main reasoning behind most posts in the QoL update notice, and try to scatter some undue misunderstandings. My hope with this is to make players more prepared to present their opinions to the E7 team during the live stream on 5.Dec, to avoid making it a spamfest with only offensive garbage, and make the actual valid points come across properly.
The Pet snacks
The common misunderstanding about the snack is that it gates autofarm. The reasoning for those wanting to get rid of it is that it's unnecessary, stupid, and too rare to work. Those wanting it to remain think removing it would make players bored and quit, or farm their life away for free, among other concerns.
The reasons I'm with those that want them to disappear:
- The Stamina system is already gating the farming (which almost nobody wanting the snacks to stay is willing to admit, as evidenced by even refusing to answer this when pointed out). Infinite farming, feared by some, is impossible in the first place, snacks or no snacks. As for the snack-keeper group: some of them are actually more toxic and offensive then what they label other players to be, literally insulting people randomly.
- For those buying Stamina, thereby relieving the gating: we can't really say anything. They are, to a reasonable degree, entitled to advantages for taking the lion's share of server upkeep costs onto themselves, in favour of the non-paying players. No two ways about this.
- People who wanted the auto feature are those that were bored with the farm initially. Their reason is that they're doing Hunts for gear, trying to improve their units. I'm somewhat in this category. To them, forcing them to go into Adventure to farm for currency enabling them to farm is pointlessly wasting their Energy.
- The only ones that offered a middle ground (with gating using repeat number limits instead of snacks) are those that want the snacks to go.
- The boredom issue is more of a problem with snacks staying, as far as I can see - as evidenced by players already leaving, and stating the game is already boring. Personally (this is only my honest opinion), I'd neglect to log into a game only to have to watch my team auto-beat the same boss, but would log in and allow it to work through resources, if I can do something else in the meantime.
- Still on boredom issue: playing auto or manual should be subject to choice. While players preferring manual, or semi-manual are actively trying to limit the choices of those wanting auto to conserve time, effort, or actual interest in the game, players doing full auto if they so choose to wouldn't impact the other group at all.
- The pet snack is inferior to the macros and autoclickers used by many (actually recommended on GameSpot IIRC). Forcing players to not make use of the autorepeat system will only ever widen the gap, because macro users will keep using macros anyway.
My solution to the whole 'pet' system (100% subjective opinion):
First off, make a 50 a day limit to auto. SG can later add packs or monthly passes to increase that for all I care. Make the pets open chests on non-auto too, which was what lots of people asked for, and wasn't even addressed, despite two of the previous Pet announcement's top posts are concerning that. Make the pet snack into a currency that can negate pet synthesis failure instead, making use of repurposing instead of removal. Reduce current Pet ticket costs to a fourth (my reasoning here: I've been buying ALL pet tickets for Gold since the introduction, and constantly improving my pets - I'm already more than 25M Gold in, which is a SCARY amount of Gold in this game for a 'supposed to be fun subsystem', and I only have 1 4Star, and 2 3Star Pets for various game modes).
The Gold issue, and the problems with Energy
Those wanting Energy and Gold systems reworked mainly want to alleviate resource starvation in the game, quite evident from how resources work, quote that SG promised to do so, but has neglected to answer questions about it ever since, and never released any statement on current progress. Honestly, I'd like to say something nice about the other party, but simply can't, as all the few that seem to be against this are saying is that they're 'children that want everything for free'.
The reasons I'm with those that want resource optimisation:
- Best practice for games where refill isn't capped, but fully recharge. They simply work. If anything, instead of a loss for SG, it may provide incentive for more people to invest in Leif and SS packs, since the return for investment would increase.
- Players blaming SG in this case is by no means faulty. Simply look at the facts: they promised to add more ways to earn Gold, because they allegedly understood the Gold issue. Instead, they added a new system that costs 5,5 MILLION (!) a week, another system that costs potentially MILLIONS of gold for A TRY (!), and has a high chance of NO RETURNS AT ALL, but no more sources for Gold. It should've been obvious that this will not help a present issue, unless the development team promising rationalisation, and the one implementing the systems are completely different ones.
- Gaining (and thus, burning) more resources is in line with playing the game more, which makes it more engaging.
- Energy has the same recharge rate, and similar cap as other games, but 1,5 times the cost for a map, in cases double, or even triple. This is simply unreasonable, especially in a game with a promotion system as convoluted as E7. It needs to be rationalised.
Could list more reasons in here, but it's just too many. All in all, I honestly can't see any reason to not support the system reworks.
My solution to the whole 'resource issue' (100% subjective opinion):
World Boss should literally become the new Gold dungeon, in short. Attempts between lowest and highest ranks should be worth between 250k and 1Mil Gold (subject to optimisation to a rational degree). That would be the simplest, fastest way to solve two pressing issues.
As for the Energy system, I had an older post on it:
I don't see it as the be-all, end-all solution, but to be frank, I see it as better than almost all suggestions, not to toot my own horn here.
The World Boss / Gear reroll system issues
The reason I'm taking these into the same category is their bad synergy on each other.
People quoting that the World Boss is bad as is are referencing how it's repetitive, unengaging, skippable, no control, bad rewards, convoluted mechanics hard to please (especially with terribly synergy with resource starvation issue, gear RNG issue and as said, gear reroll system). Those liking it as is, as far as I can tell, simply don't exist at the moment. Everyone, to some higher or lesser degree, are on the same page about World Boss and Gear reroll systems being bad.
As far as accepting/refusing the World Boss, I'm on the fence. I flat-out reject the current Equip reroll system though.
My solution to the 'World Boss / Gear reroll system issues' (100% subjective opinion)
As said, World Boss should be the new Gold dungeon. Personally, I don't have a problem with it as is, other than the terribly awful rewards. For people who want PvE coop (mirroring RTA for PvP 'coop'), an entirely new mode should be designed, as this mechanic is simply inadequate to give players what they expected out of it. As for the gear reroll system: I'm fine with it, but the monthly cap on it needs to be removed entirely, and required equipment improvements also need to go. I believe sacrificing 8 Epic 85 gear to get a 9th one with random stats should fall into a nice middle ground. Also, to address players' wishes in an overall acceptable manner: Using the relevant materials from the Set-relevant Hunt, and some (not much) Gold and a Fount, or whatever it is, players should be allowed to change the main stat, and one substat of any gear once (f. e. 1k Abyss Drake Claw and a Speed Fount could change an Abyss Drake Boots' main flat Attack to Speed, for 250k Gold, while 250 Abyss Drake Claw and an Attack% Fount could change its flat Defense stat into Attack%). Furthermore, for a high-end cost (will leave this undecided), they should be allowed to reset improvement levels. This solution is substantial, and at the same time, not as overpowered as some people want, I believe. Posts wanting to dismiss flat stats are obviously too much, unnecessary, and harmful, as such, I don't want to deal with them that much.
The issue of SG's management, their development philosophy, and neglect of the community
I just wanted to mention this - I'm honestly on the fence, as I accept some things that SG does, and similarly accept some complaints players have. But overall, I must state that I'm not content with SG's communication with their playerbase. As for my personal conclusion, I'll wait for 5.Dec to decide.
This is all I had to say. Please, people, realise these points to at least prevent yourselves from spreading logical fallacies and wasting the efforts of both those who want to make some advancements towards a better game, and those that try to uphold SG's integrity by attempting to quell some of the undue rage of the community (do also neglect whiners begging for free stuff, and idiots insulting others for being kids, in a childish manner, no less). If SG monitors player feedback as they say, rage and cursing, whiteknighting, and unrelated cajoling won't help SG, or us, or anyone for that matter. Prepare the pitchforks and the shields for 5.Dec if you want, just make sure not to poke or defend the wrong person!
General Discussion의 글
STOVE 추천 컨텐츠
- 2020.11.08 2020.11.08 16:57 (UTC+0)
- 2020.10.26 2020.10.26 19:03 (UTC+0)
- 2020.10.24 2020.10.24 03:03 (UTC+0)
- 2020.10.23 2020.10.23 03:56 (UTC+0)
- 2020.10.12 2020.10.12 11:37 (UTC+0)
- 2020.10.05 2020.10.05 18:23 (UTC+0)