Opinion on state of the game (end of 2019 edition) 
- 2019.12.01 01:27 (UTC+0)
It's been a while since I did one of these, since the game's been ok for the most part.
But oooooohoho boy things are anything but ok now.
Right so Smilegate, Super Creative, I've respected how you've run the game in some periods. WE ARE NOT in one of those periods now! You guys're absolutely INFURIATING, every step you take is a half-measure. Everything you give is with a caveat. It's like someone on the team just wants to make a good experience for the players, because players enjoying the game means money, while some other short-sighted imbecile is like: TO HELL with that, make it the worst experience, monetize everything, squeeze everything to the last possible drop.
Let's start with the most recent thing and slowly work our way through the dumpster-fire, ready, set, go:
1. World Boss - is objectively an insult, I don't believe anyone can think otherwise. Take a moment to think about this. We have a dungeon, who's class bonus are configured in such a manner that you don't have any freedom of selection if you want max bonus. It's much more easier to just hit auto fill, being that we have NO character FILTERS of any kind, just a bare-bones sorting system, you can't filter by class so auto-fill is the perfect shortcut.
The gameplay portion of it is NON-EXISTENT, insentivising skip, why would you do anything otherwise. And the CP system? And rank system? Don't worry about that, they don't matter, at all actually. You can get SSS rank and still get a run full of the lowest possible trash. World boss is NOT a game mode. It's an energy-based automatic loot chest with trash odds, disguised as a game mode.
Why can't you just replay with the same characters a second time. I've been playing the game constantly since the begining with a focus on multiple character development and even I don't have enough units for a proper second run.
Why make World Boss at all if you're going to include worthless items in the reward pool?
2. Equipment conversion - is disgusting. The whole point of the system is to be a tool that counters gear RNG right?
a. there should be NO LEVELS on the gear you craft. All crafted gear should locked at 85 regardless what you feed in it. You should be able to feed you older lower level gear to convert it into something higher. Just gate access to Equipment conversion until after finishing season 1
b. there should be NO LIMIT to how much gear you can craft. STOP. TRYING. TO STOP. PEOPLE. FROM PLAYING. YOUR GAME. You might just succed!
c. ALL conversion gem chests should be selectable! Again this was a tool made to REDUCE RNG not add to it!
d. Conversion gem chest should be abundant in the game. Story drops, hunt drops, altar drops. Instead of those useless auto-run drops (more on that later, that currency shouldn't even exist)
Why make the conversion system at all, if all you can do is get a RANDOM gem from the guild and a 15 SILVERSTONE (WTF) one from the shop/ week? The tool does NOTHING to mitigate RNG, but just ads to it.
3. New imprint system - oh look, ANOTHER feature that's deliberately slowed down in how much you can make use of it, are we seeing a pattern yet? Ego fragment should cost 2 silver stones with a limit of 10/week. You people act as if the new imprints you've designed are game-breaking. You also act as if everyone has a bagillion dupes of everything, of pulling deliberately for dupes. And even if they are, HOW is that bad for the game?
MAIN QUESTION: Why rework the imprints at all if you're going to limit their introduction in someone's arsenal? And a better question: Just WHY?! It's not like people won't eventually get it and unlock their characters. It's like you're going out of your way to make progression as hard as possible, just to annoy people.
4. Pets - WOW! I didn't even think one could f-uck up this bad. WHO was the utter devil who though pet synthesis failing is a good idea. Who thought pricing pets so high is was a good idea? Who thought that percentages so low mean anything? MOSTLY WHO thought that putting auto behind a currency is anything else other than dispicable? Are you seriously selling a quality of life feature to players? For currency? WHAT? New gachas have that BY DEFAULT! AT! LAUNCH! Is that blasted dungeon chest that game-breaking?
MAIN QUESTIONS: Why do pests even exist? Why does the auto currency exist? I've heard WHALES be like 'nah pets, f that noise, not worth it' And you TRYING to inconvenience your players as much as possible?
5. 6 Star progression - this has been a huge problem for some time. I've played a ton of gatchas and they all have rank character progression, but in NONE of them does it take this long to get a character from level 1 to full unlock, time investment/progression wise. If I put as much time and money in that those other gatchas as I have this game, I would've probably unlocked my character boxes for them FULLY, TWICE OVER.
People are going to argue that well isn't that the point of the game? What are you going to do once you have all of the most important units in the box unlocked? Oh! I don't know... hmmm HAVE FUN? Getting excited about the next units that I'm going to pull? Invest in other units I may have overlooked that could be usefull?! The thing is that 'stop playing the game' would never be the answer.
The thing is that being able to unlock all the characters you want to unlock can only benefit YOU, your enjoyment of the game, AND the game itself profit-wise
MAIN QUESTION: Why do you even rebalance characters when the progression rate is this bad? Who do you think has the resources to experiment with characters?
6. Hunts - How is it that hunt still drops energy and Powder? Remind me again just how long it took you guys to correct the 'excessive energy' 'bug'? A day? I legit can't remember, don't think it was even a day. Main point is you RUSHED to correct something that was beneficial to the players, but are taking your damn sweet time in getting those MEANINGLESS drops out of the hunt pool. Oh and the only reason I'm not mentioning auto currency is because that travesty shouldn't exist in the first place.
MAIN QUESTION: Why don't you take that motivation you had in 'fixing' the 'excessive energy' 'bug' and apply that to correcting trash drops in Hunt? Funny how one gets fixed instantly while the other is prolonged to the heatdeath of the universe. Funny that. It's a really bad look.
7. Challenge mode - challenge mode is ANOTHER half measure, don't get me wrong it's perfectly implemented as it is now. But that's only BECAUSE people don't have characters to play it as it should be, with strategy and different comps and a way higher different between rank rewards.
MAIN QUESTION: Why even include bonuses and disadvantages if ranking differences are so small? Is it to have the SEMBLANCE of a game mode, that COULD be possible if people actually had full access to all of the abilities of their pulled heros?
8. Steel workshop - is just useless. It's just ridiculously expensive to craft gear in the game. What good is the gear conversion (if that even worked properly) is you grind like a maniac and still can't produce proper gear stock to feed into the gear converter to get what you need
MAIN QUESTION: Why even have the ability to craft anything if it's literally not even 1:1 a recuperable return on investment? (Calculated this in another post, not doing that again here)
9. Gear - is just as infuriating as it's always been. Gear conversion doesn't help, because as I said it's not working. Equipment cost is NOT JUSTIFIED, AT ALL. You guys said that you do it because you want people to build units and gear them instead of swapping gear around.
FAIR ENOUGH. Then did you do ANYTHING to speed up character progression? No. Did you do ANYTHING to eliveate equipment enhancement? No. (pets are a joke, come on, you can't expect that percent to impact anything) WELL! Then EXCUUUUUUSE ME for swapping gear just to be able to play your game. There's no way you're not aware of this. There's no way this is not intentional by design.
MAIN QUESTION: Why have equipment cost at all when character progression and gear enhancement have had NO improvement AT ALL? If you want players to stand by your vision, YOU FIRST need to stand by your vision.
10. Molagora - still no good. It's not a question is lowering the mola requirement anymore, but of - gasp - giving out more of them. If a player plays constantly for one week, they should be able to +15 a character.
11. 5-4 Star ticket - this should be a 5 star guaranteed, across the game. The pool is diluted enough that literally a 5 star RGB or a dupe should not be considered a big deal.
12. Summons - A 4 star should be guaranteed once every 10 pulls, across ALL banners. 10 pulls and not getting anything should not be a thing anymore in any 2020 gatcha.
Well I think I've trashed just about every aspect of the game.
Like I said I've played a fair share of gatcha games, all of them have monetization, and all of them are still successful and growing.
NO ONE OF THEM has made me feel like I don't have what I need to grow a character. The most important characters in my boxes in those games are unlocked 70% and ongoing 30%. Epic Seven is 30% unlocked, 70% ongoing.
NO ONE OF THEM has ever made me feel like I'm being punished for actually wanting to play the game.
NO ONE OF THEM has ever made me feel they're doing me A FAVOR by giving me access to their features, this while I'm actually the one paying them.
The story, designs and guild war are the only good things left in the game, but my goodwill even with those is RAPIDLY running out.
I'm not the kind of guy to take s-hit form anyone, and I feel like the game keeps insulting me, again, and again, and again, and again. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure that's NOT how hobbies are supposed to work. Even if there were no alternatives, I will quit when the glass it full. I've suspended all investment starting this month.
But you want to know the funny thing? THE ARE alternatives. From Seven Deadly sins, to Crossing Void, to even Pokemon Masters, that's not even counting more PvE ones like Dokkan, or whatever's on the horizon. These are games who got rid of equip cost AND HAVEN'T failed, have proper raid modes, have guaranteed summon qualities extra to pitty AND HAVEN'T failed and also don't make a big deal about it.
And Epic Seven want a 10 year plan? HAHAHAHA! That sounds like a joke right now! Are you guys sure you can pull that off? How can that even be remotely possible when you can't even keep up with other gatcha offerings one year in? That's extreemly troubling. I mean I get the drip-feeding content part fine. But NO gameplay optimization? And I'm talking about REAL player benefit, not more opportunities for you to slap some more currencies and monetize some MORE.
Game design 101 monetization and optimization are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. That should NOT be correlated in any way shape or form. Can you imagine ANY other one-year-old gatcha selling quality of life optimizations to their player base as monetization?
HAHAHAHA They would fail! DUH! Like some already have. This happened before Epic Seven! How many times do you plan to fail in this disappointing manner in your supposed 10 year lifespan? You can't claim to have long-term plans when you have short-term thinking.
And if I haven't convinced people that I love the game and want it to succeed after writing so much about it, then that's fine.
In conclusion Smilegate / Super Creative,
That 10 year plan will not happen if you don't constantly show goodwill to the community supporting you. If all you do is tighten the belt in a tone-deaf fashion, people will quit. You can burry value gauging under a million currencies, but people are not stupid, they'll eventually understand when they're getting a bad deal.
And you Epic Seven, now, are a bad deal.
STOVE 추천 컨텐츠
- 2020.01.08 2020.01.08 11:02 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.08 2020.01.08 09:41 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.08 2020.01.08 01:48 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.05 2020.01.05 19:31 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.04 2020.01.04 06:54 (UTC+0)
- 2020.01.04 2020.01.04 02:46 (UTC+0)