Clarify "Delete Account" verbiage and ... 
- 2019.08.04 20:47 (UTC+0)
Clarify "Delete Account" verbiage and Swap placement of 'Delete Account'/'Reset Server' buttons
1) The option to 'Delete Account' in-game appears under the option 'Select Server' which suggests that the action of deleting an account is tied to the server on which you are currently playing. This is where the 'Reset Server' option should exist.
3) Players are asked to type, "Delete All Server Account Information", which also reads in the sense of a single account on a single server (reasonably, the single account on the single server on which you are currently playing).
4) The only line that suggests all servers will be affected comes after interacting with everything else that implies you will be deleting a single account on a single server, and that line uses the words 'game information' instead of the word 'accounts' which leaves room for mis-interpretation.
5) Your FAQ on "Delete Account" refers to what is created on each server as a single 'account' which is what is implied by the option 'Delete Account' in-game.
6) Your FAQ on "Delete Account" clarifies you will be deleting all accounts on all servers but this is seemingly the only place where it is clarified. This clarification needs to be present in-game, where the option to actually delete accounts on all servers exists and where the player will more than likely navigate to first.
I un-intentionally deleted all my users (or accounts or characters or whatever SG/SC calls them) on all servers because I wanted to delete one user on a single server that I was not playing.
Everything about that 'Delete Account' option suggested it would satisfy my wants except for one unclear sentence below the text box within the prompt; in a game where incorrect grammar occurs often due to the language translations thus making it easy to mis-interpret what it's really saying in light of the verbiage that comes before it.
In one way, this was the last major aspect about the game (currently) that I needed to learn, the other way, it was an unfortunate experience that has caused me to lose over four months of considerable effort.
I lost $30 also, but, that was $15 spent initially to support the game, $5 spent to support "Episode 2", and another $10 spent to show appreciation for SG/SC efforts to square things with the player-base, so not too bad there as all the money spent fulfilled its purpose.
SG/SC, if you're going to put the power of account deletion (the unrecoverable removal of all users/characters/accounts from all servers) in-game, then you need to make it un-mistakeably perceivable that is what will occur, otherwise it will only lead to hurting un-aware players.
As it stands, the unrecoverable removal of all users/characters/accounts from all servers was not clear from the words on the account deletion button nor the account deletion button's prompt verbiage.
Making text the color red does not indicate the true purpose of the account deletion button.
TwilitSymfny / Global
"Power without perception is spiritually useless, and therefore, of no true value."
-Ryuken 'Fist of the North Star: The Movie'
P.S. - As of Sunday, August 4 2019 @ 2:52pm PDT, the nickname "TwilitSymfny" is not only still searchable in-game but also brings up my old "User Info", my account seemingly still exists. What does this mean? I'll have to inquire.
General Discussion의 글
STOVE 추천 컨텐츠
- 2022.05.18 2022.05.18 14:22 (UTC+0)
- 2022.05.16 2022.05.16 17:30 (UTC+0)
- 2022.05.15 2022.05.15 08:27 (UTC+0)
- 2022.05.12 2022.05.12 10:38 (UTC+0)
- 2022.05.11 2022.05.11 08:40 (UTC+0)
- 2022.05.11 2022.05.11 07:38 (UTC+0)