Developer Notes

[Dev Notes] October and November Update Preview Notice [174]

• OFFICIAL
  • Dominiel
  • 2019.10.25 09:55 (UTC+0)
  • 조회수 114233

Hello,
This is Epic Seven.

We would like to express our sincerest gratitude to our Heirs for all of the interest and support they have given us. Within this preview notice, we will discuss the [Pet System], and [Memory Imprint Improvements] which will be implemented in the October 31 update. We would also like to introduce the content scheduled for November that our Heirs have been waiting for, which includes the [Equipment Conversion System], [New Voices] and the [World Boss].

1. 10/31 Update Preview Information
1) Pet System

First, we would like to apologize once again to all of our Heirs who have been waiting for the Pet System. We had originally planned to release the Pet System update on October 17th, however we had to delay this because the newly added content needed to be further improved so that we could provide our players with content free from problems. Currently, the Pet System is undergoing bug fixes as well as content improvements and will be released on October 31st.

Now we would like to take this time to give our players a brief overview of the Pet System that we are preparing for you.

Please note that the above image is still in development and may appear different upon its release.
※ Language settings will be applied upon release.

The Pet System was designed to be an interesting new system that allows players to collect and nurture Pets, similar to how our players already collect and nurture Heroes. These Pets aim to provide our Heirs greater convenience features as well as a variety of helpful effects which will aid our players on their adventures.  

The Pet System in these Developer Notes reflects improvements made in the development process, and therefore, there have been some changes from what we have shown our Heirs previously. For example, previously we had stated that there would be three different types of Pets, which were Lobby type Pets, Story type Pets and Battle type Pets. Because the difference between Story type pets and Battle type pets was ambiguous, we have decided to merge these two types into a single type. It was decided then, that the Pets will be divided into two categories: Lobby type Pets which will help with out of battle content and Battle type Pets, which will appear in combat related content.
 Please note that the above image is still in development and may appear different upon its release.

Lobby type Pets will sit in the Lobby and provide rewards to our Heirs, such as Energy and Gold. Battle type pets can use the [Repeat Battle] function in Adventure mode, Side Stories, Hunts and in the Spirit Altar by using the item [Homemade Snack]. Players can obtain [Homemade Snack] which will allow them to use the Repeat Battle function, via Adventure/Hunt Rewards, as well as in Treasure Chests. Additionally, during Repeat Battles, Pets will also open Treasure Chests and enter Goblin Gates automatically.

[Gift Acquisition] and [Repeat Battle] are basic Pet functions given to Lobby and Battle type Pets respectively. Additionally, based on the type of the Pets, there are other skills that can help in various situations. Each Pet will learn one skill randomly, and the higher the generation, the more skills it can learn. 

Language settings will be applied upon release.

Similar to Heroes, Pets can increase their experience level through enhancing, either by using other Pets as an ingredient, or by using Pet Food. Also, two Pets of same type can be synthesized after reaching Max Level and they will be able to inherit the appearance of one Pet as well as some of its skills. We hope our Heirs will enjoy designing their own Pet.

There are so many cute Pets in Orbis that are wanting to meet you on October 31st. Additionally, we are preparing new content for our Pets in the future that will be included in future updates and we hope that our Heirs love their new Pets! 

2) Memory Imprint Improvements 

For the October 31st update, we will be adding a feature called [Imprint Concentration], which will increase a stat of the memory imprinted Hero.

When a Memory Imprint is activated, every Hero is able to use [Imprint Release] to enhance the stats of the other Heroes in the team. [Imprint Release] is the same as the current devotion skill effect, which is an effect that increases the stats of team members except for the Hero providing the effect.

In order to use [Imprint Concentration], players will need a new currency called, Ego Fragment. Players may purchase this currency from the shop and they will also have a rare chance to find it in in other occasions, such as Huche’s Pop-Up shop.

Unlike Imprint Release, Imprint Concentration is only applied to the Hero providing the effect and increases that Hero’s effect. For example, if a Hero increased the team’s Health using [Imprint Release], the same Hero may have a different effect increase applied to themselves such as Attack or Health by using [Imprint Concentration].

Additionally, unlike [Imprint Release], with [Imprint Concentration] the Hero providing the effect can receive the stat increase regardless of the team formation. As such, the [Imprint Concentration] value is relatively low when compared to [Imprint Release] which is applied to the other members of the team.

At the time of initial planning, the enhancement range for [Imprint Concentration] included skill enhance effects. However, if we consider the synergy of the skill enhance effects of exclusive equipment, which are being released regularly, there may be a huge gap between Heroes depending on the updated exclusive equipment. Thus, [Imprint Concentration] will only be applied to the Hero’s stats. We plan to apply this to all 3-star - 5-star Heroes. We ask for the understanding of our Heirs regarding this. 

The updates that will be made to Memory Imprint will affect the balance of a Hero. As such, the [Imprint Concentration] of each Hero can be adjusted in the ongoing balance patch. 

2. November Update
1) Equipment Conversion

Next, we’d like to introduce the Equipment Conversion system which is planned to be updated in November. We understand how difficult it is to get good pieces of Equipment and we tried to find ways to help our players. Players will be able to go to the Alchemist’s Steeple and create Equipment using other pieces of Equipment as ingredients. First, players will select the type of Equipment they wish to create and then, they will choose the Level/Set/Grade/Main Stat of the Equipment dependent on the equipment and the currency used. Players now can find a beneficial use for Equipment that they didn’t have a use for previously.

※ The image can be adjusted in the future.
※ Language settings will be applied when updated.

A new currency will be required when finalizing the Main Stat of the Equipment. Originally we had planned to use Catalysts, however, this will be re-designed due to the fact that Catalysts have become scarce with the recent Skill Enhance adjustment that occurred and this might be a burden to our players. We hope the Equipment Conversion System alleviates the difficulty of getting better Equipment.

2) World Boss

The World Boss will also be implemented within November.

Players can use various Heroes and compete to reach the highest score from World Boss content. A team will consist of 4 Heroes. A total of 16 Heroes will participate, with 3 teams made using your Heroes and 1 team that a fellow guild member created as a supporter team.

A supporter team can be selected among the pre-registered teams, according to the Elemental Bonus of the boss. Similar to how supporters are selected in Adventure, this supporter team will be selected prior to the start of battle.

The Elemental Bonus will rotate regularly and the class bonus that will be applied is different for each member. So it’s important for players to use different types of supporters each time to match the condition in order to get a higher score.

However, supporter teams can only be used a limited number times only, so organizing optimal supporter parties among members is required in order for the guild to reach a ­­higher score. NPC teams will serve as a supporter team during the Pre-Season but it will be possible to use other member’s teams when the regular season begins.
※ Language settings will be applied when update

We’ll make sure to satisfy the desire of raising different Heroes for World Boss content.

3) New Voice Lines Added for Certain Content

Voice lines will be added for certain content. First, voice lines for Guardians will be added. 
※ Language settings will be applied when update.

In addition, players will be able to enjoy the unique camping lines of Heroes by listening to their Hero’s voices. Camping lines can be heard at any time, not only through the Labyrinth, but also through the intimacy add-on function.

We apologize for delaying a feature targeted for our October Update, [Camping Improvements], in which our Heirs can more clearly see the changes in morale in their party while camping. We were planning to develop this feature along with Raid Labyrinth improvements; however we are sorry to announce a delay in our plans. We will do our best to prevent this from occurring again in the future. We will provide the new target date for our update and give more detailed information to our Heirs in our future announcements.

We hope you are looking forward to the Pet System and Memory Imprint adjustment that will be implemented on October 31st.  Also, we look forward to your opinions about the future update, which will include Equipment Conversion, new voice lines and the World Boss which is planned to be added at the end of November. We promise to do our best to make Epic Seven even better. 

Thank you.

댓글 174

• images
    2019.10.25 10:01 (UTC+0)

BESTWow, congratulations smilegate you've really outdone yourself! This is by far the best patch in all video gaming history and I couldn't be anymore excited! (X's and O's from the official discord community. They're supportive of us girl gamers.) (。・//ε//・。)

• images
    2019.10.25 10:20 (UTC+0)

BESTOOH FINALLY HELL RAID BOSS

• images
    2019.10.25 10:02 (UTC+0)

BESTNow, this is what I wanted to read after weeks of staleness from the game. The hype is so damn real!!!

• images
    2019.10.25 09:57 (UTC+0)

OHHH world boss gonna be very laggy. Also, i think i see this style of raid somewhere before.....

• images

thanks smile gate 

• images

Wow, congratulations smilegate you've really outdone yourself! This is by far the best patch in all video gaming history and I couldn't be anymore excited! (X's and O's from the official discord community. They're supportive of us girl gamers.) (。・//ε//・。)

• images
      2019.10.26 18:52 (UTC+0)

Sarcasm troll? XD hahaha xD

• images
      2019.10.26 18:52 (UTC+0)

STOVE101727538Sarcasm troll? XD hahaha xD

• images
    2019.10.25 10:02 (UTC+0)

Now, this is what I wanted to read after weeks of staleness from the game. The hype is so damn real!!!

• images
    2019.10.25 10:04 (UTC+0)

The best update preview is Stove comments on October 31st. 

Stay tuned.

:)

• images
    2019.10.25 10:04 (UTC+0)

My big question is, how do you acquire pets?

I hope it's not gacha again, bcuz seeing those A,B,C rarity or something shows that it's gonna be RNG once again... 🤔

• images
      2019.10.25 13:49 (UTC+0)

FrayarThis is a gacha game, please...

• images
      2019.10.25 17:18 (UTC+0)

Are you blind ? They talk about it right there and show a screenshot ..you have to buy adoption tickets from the shop and go to the pet summons and let rng play out 

• images
    2019.10.25 10:05 (UTC+0)

WOW, NICE.

But Don't release everything at once.

• images
    2019.10.25 10:07 (UTC+0)

> We hope you are looking forward to the Pet System and Memory Imprint adjustment that will be implemented on August 31st.
    Pretty sure you mistyped that one. October 31st.

• images
    2019.10.25 10:08 (UTC+0)

THANK YOU SO MUCH for cancelling the idea of Memory Imprint being used to Enhance Skills!! That was too much pressure to Imprint and I was afraid that Heroes couldn't fight at their best potential without being SSS, which isn't fair. But the Memory Concentration feature sounds nice and I'm excited to try it! Thank you for listening to us!!

And the Pets look SO CUTE! I hope the system isn't too stressful and turns out to be fun!

• images
    2019.10.25 10:10 (UTC+0)

Sounds great

• images
    2019.10.25 10:15 (UTC+0)

So we have to farm snacks to use the repeat mode? I wonder if it will drop from hunts

• images
      2019.10.25 10:33 (UTC+0)

"Battle type pets can use the [Repeat Battle] function in Adventure mode, Side Stories, Hunts and in the Spirit Altar by using the item [Homemade Snack]. Players can obtain [Homemade Snack] which will allow them to use the Repeat Battle function, via Adventure/Hunt Rewards, as well as in Treasure Chests."

• images
      2019.10.25 10:51 (UTC+0)

VaeneliOh i didnt see the hunt reward part. Nice!

• images
    2019.10.25 10:16 (UTC+0)

Thought it is still unclear how much new currency will cost and how much(if at all) they will put in P2W packs in the shop, but the idea of imprint changing for the unit itself adds another layer of "unknown" when going in to PVP. 

I really hope that the pent currency isn't rare or rng dropped to the point where we'll have to use liefs to replenish it as well.
    Though, I guess it's too much to hope for that the system wouldn't be p2w in some way.
    Again, I'm making assumptions from what they wrote, but the currency thing for pets as well as alchemist equipment is disconcerting. 

• images
    2019.10.25 10:17 (UTC+0)

can i adopt the pet shop keeper instead?  x'D

• images
      2019.10.25 10:57 (UTC+0)

ah i see you are a man of culture 

• images

You have exceeded my expectation. New voice lines and more co op contents. That is the reason for me to keep playing this game. Thank you.

• images

OOH FINALLY HELL RAID BOSS

• images
      2019.10.27 02:06 (UTC+0)

hell raid boss or world boss? those two are different contents.

• images
    2019.10.25 10:24 (UTC+0)

I'm really happy that the pets we can adopt didn't just turn out to be the generic monsters we fight.

Also there is so much information I'm gonna have to read this a few times to really absorb it. Keep up the good job!

Developer Notes의 글

STOVE 추천 컨텐츠